Automotive Vs Excis Batteries
All lead-acid batteries will cycle. The design parameters of the battery determine how many times it can be discharged and recharged. The less deeply it is discharged the more times it can be cycled.
Automotive batteries are designed to give high currents for very short periods for many times over the life of a vehicle. As such they may be referred to as ‘High Cycling’ batteries. To do this they have thin plates with a porous active material and very low resistance separators. If they are subjected to deeper discharges the positive active material expands and because of lack of support from the plates and separators it falls from the plate.
• Long Float Life: Calcium alloy grids and plates to minimise corrosion and Envelope separators to eliminate internal short circuits.
• High Cycling Design: High-density active material formulation and Glass matt backed separators for active material retention.
• Exceptional High Rate Performance: Oversized internal inter-cell connector cross-section.
• Enhanced Safety: Central venting system – Flashback arrestor – High impact strength container.
• Easy to Maintain: Built-inState of Charge indicator and Locally manufactured.
Model: FMF 102
Type: Lead Acid
Dimensions (LxWxH): 328 x 171 x 219mm – Height incl. terminal:239mm
Terminal Type: Stud